This unique venture assembled six barges, creating a 313-foot by 536-foot floating deck that would be used as a foundation for a multi-story casino and entertainment theater on water. Within 350,000 work-hours, EMCOR Hyre Electric Co. of Indiana, Inc. performed all of this project’s required electrical services on time, helping to satisfy the client’s aggressive schedule.
For their new 400,000-square-foot casino, the client needed comprehensive electrical installations including marine-grade solutions.
EMCOR Hyre Electric installed:
- 5-kV incoming power on ambilocal cables to power the facility
- Four 5-kV power transformers
- Two meg backup generators
- A 16000-amp marine-grade 480-volt power distribution center
- Cable tray system in hull of barges
- Power for rooftop HVAC units and chillers in hull
- A fire alarm system
- A variety of wiring solutions
- Marine-grade wiring in hull of barges
- Wiring of food service and bar areas, the 150,000-square-foot casino, and a state-of-the-art 2,500-seat entertainment venue
- Network wiring for gaming and communications
Horseshoe Casino Hammond is a 400,000-square-foot property containing gaming, entertainment, restaurants, bars, and lounges, and is located on Lake Michigan in Hammond, Indiana.